At Gardners, we’re committed to respecting and protecting your privacy.
Gardners has a Data Protection Officer who is responsible for matters relating to privacy and data protection. The Data Protection Officer can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or Marlowe Innovation Centre, Marlowe Way, Ramgsate Kent, CT12 6FA.
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details including email and home address)
- Financial situation (EG: If you are looking to purchase with or with out a mortgage)
- Proof Of Identity
- Date Of Birth
How we obtain this information:
We obtain personal information about you that you provide to us through our website, emails, phone conversations, documents you provide to us or when you visit one of our branches, for example when you:
- Enquire about specific properties for sale or for rent
- Ask us to value your property
- Register for our email newsletters
- Participate in one of our surveys
- Interact with us on our social media sites
- We also obtain personal information relating to you using automated technical means when you visit our website
We may use your information to keep you informed of services Gardners provide and not limited to information and services we may offer including third parties that are affiliated to Gardners (EG: Solicitors, financial advisors and sales progressors)
We may also use the information given to us for the following reasons:
- To fulfil our contractual duty, be it with a customer or the government guidelines including GDPR (legal and regulatory requirements)
- Notify you of any changes in our service or offers
- From time to time keep you upto date with general news related to property or sponsorship
- Supply you with products and services that Gardners offer including third party offers
- Send payments, invoices or reminders to you, your lawyers or any person or persons that may be involved with you while dealing with you property search or related services.
- To deal with general and all other enquiries
- To perform anti money laundering checks when applicable, financial checks and credit checks
- Comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You may remove your consent at any time by contacting email@example.com.
- We have a contractual obligation
- We have a legitimate interest.
How We Store Your Personal Information
Your information is stored securely in our operating CRM system 10ninety. We keep all your data during our contract and terminating after 7 years.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113